With headquarters in Hong Kong and offices in Singapore, Beijing and Shanghai, ALS International is a leading independent executive search firm that has been operating in the region for over ten years. Our specialist team, comprising of industry experts and experienced recruitment professionals can offer you an unrivalled and confidential approach to executive recruitment. We partner proudly with financial institutions, multinational corporations and top tier law firms to cover a multiple of disciplines.
Whether you are an employer looking for the best executive talent or are a professional looking for an exceptional opportunity, ALS International's recruitment and career advisory professionals will understand your unique needs and will tailor their support to exceed your expectations.
Regional Finance Manager, International Law Firm (Hong Kong)
- International law firm
- Regional exposure
- Working with senior management
A fast growing international law firm with a global presence is looking to bring on board a Financial Controller to head their Finance function. This will involve working closely with senior management in Hong Kong and headquarters in the UK on developing strategic initiatives for the Hong Kong office.
- Overall responsibility for the management and financial accounting for Hong Kong, Beijing and Shanghai offices
- Management and control of Greater China's nominal ledger accounts
- Reviewing and submitting monthly management accounts and analysis prepared by the accountants
- General ledger, maintenance of accounting records of the office.
- Develop and review financial information with management, developing the business plan and budget and assisting the firm with the overall financial strategy and direction of the Greater China offices
- Perform financial analysis / financial modelling to assist senior management in making strategic business decisions
- Work with the regional business services heads on budget
- Corporate Tax matters – liaison with the firm's external accountants on preparation of tax computations and statutory filing.
- Review internal processes to improve efficiency and internal control
- Ensure all local tax and regulatory returns are filed on a timely basis
- Qualified accountant with a minimum of 5 years' post qualified finance and accounting experience
- Minimum 5 years' experience with an international law firm or professional services firm, preferably in a managerial role
- Previous experience of managing a team
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Excellent computer skills (specifically Microsoft Excel)
For more information please contact Vinisha Vazdani on +852 2920 9123 or firstname.lastname@example.org
IT Audit Director (Hong Kong)
Reporting directly to the Group Headquarters in the US, and operationally to the President of China, this is an instrumental role to help continue to build a strong platform for future growth. You will help improve the existing audit and compliance framework, bring best practices to the business and implement stronger policies, procedures and more efficient work methods to China. Working with the key business heads of all operations, you will continually assess corporate risks and ensure compliance to industry regulations and corporate rules. Your role will focus on driving further training across all departments, work to cascade a community of high integrity and bring continuous improvements to an already robust environment. You will also work closely with external parties, governmental departments and regulatory authorities to drive cooperation and alignment for the industry and the business.
Suitable candidates should possess the following key criteria to be considered for this role:
- Qualified accounting professional or MBA degree
- Progressive experience in a US multinational corporation with a successful track record
- Strong audit, risk and compliance experience in China; experience of working in highly regulated industries will lend well
- Strong management and leadership skills; an ability to influence others and win buy-in to new ideas
- An inquisitive and probing mindset coupled with strong commercial acumen and an ability to apply practical recommendations to generate the most successful outcomes
- Confidence and gravitas to present professionally to the senior management team and external authorities
- A high level of integrity and honesty in all your involvements
This is a key management role within the China business and a competitive package will be offered to the incumbent. The business is continuing to expand rapidly through organic growth and through M&A so it is imperative you are able to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
For more information, please contact Janice Ho on +852 2920 9131 or email to: email@example.com