With headquarters in Hong Kong and offices in Singapore, Beijing and Shanghai, ALS International is a leading independent executive search firm that has been operating in the region for over ten years. Our specialist team, comprising of industry experts and experienced recruitment professionals can offer you an unrivalled and confidential approach to executive recruitment. We partner proudly with financial institutions, multinational corporations and top tier law firms to cover a multiple of disciplines.
Whether you are an employer looking for the best executive talent or are a professional looking for an exceptional opportunity, ALS International's recruitment and career advisory professionals will understand your unique needs and will tailor their support to exceed your expectations.
Portfolio Manager, Regional Equities (Hong Kong)
Our client is an international asset management firm who offers global investment management expertise through global/international equity funds. They are seeking for Portfolio Manager, Regional Equities to join their team. The position will be based in Hong Kong.
The role will be responsible to manage and provide analytical responsibility for Asia ex-Japan related stock coverage with asset allocation responsibility. The incumbent will present performance and investment strategies in regular investment meetings with the investment team and be able to articulate the investment process and stock ideas to clients.
To be considered for this critical role, you will need to demonstrate:
- At least 8 years of relevant portfolio management experience with coverage of Asia stocks
- Strong analytical stock picking ability with in-depth knowledge of companies/stocks in their portfolio
- Good investment track record with proven ability to work in a team-oriented investment process
- Excellent written and verbal communication capabilities
- Highly motivated, able to think logically, critically & quickly
- Able to work both independently
- Strong presentation skills
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Financial Controller (Hong Kong)
A top tier international law firm is currently looking to bring on board a Financial Controller to lead and manage the Finance team comprising of the Accounts payable, Management Reporting, Tax and Credit Control functions. This individual will essentially look after all country level finance initiatives for HK including; budgeting, forecasting, management reporting, credit control, cash management, accounting policies and procedures, internal financial controls, statutory accounting and tax management, internal and external audits. Essentially, this individual would work closely with senior management in going over financial performance, working capital and cash flow forecasts. In addition, the Financial Controller will act as a finance business partner with various practice groups (ie. business units) regarding their financials ie. practice specific budgets and ad hoc analysis.
Skills & Qualifications:
- You will be educated to degree (or equivalent) level and have a recognised accounting qualification.
- You will be an experienced Financial Manager/Controller ideally within a professional services environment, with prior experience of management accounting and statutory reporting, having completed a minimum of five year end processes.
- You will have previously managed accounting teams and through appropriate delegation, ensured all operational financial activities were completed accurately and on time.
- You will be proactive, have a high level of demonstrable organisation skills, meticulous attention to detail plus proficiency in project management.
- You will have excellent communications skills, well developed influencing and persuasion skills and will be good at building relationships at all levels. Fluency in English is required, and Cantonese would be an advantage.
- Proficiency in Excel is essential. Prior experience of using Oracle Financials (or similar application) is required. Prior use of Hyperion Planning (or similar budgeting system) and Hyperion Enterprise (or similar management reporting system) is preferable.
- Awareness and knowledge of international tax issues in the context of a global firm in the professional services sector would be an advantage.
This is very much a hands-on role offering the opportunity to get involved in all aspects of the Finance function of a globally operating professional services firm.
To apply for the above position, please send your updated resume to email@example.com or contact Vinisha Vazdani on +852 2920 9123 for further information.